Mike talks with Dr. Daniel Drezner, a professor of international politics at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. Dr. Drezner is the author of multiple books, including Theories of International Politics and Zombies, The System Worked: How The World Stopped Another Great Depression, and most recently, The Ideas Industry: How Pessimists, Partisans, and Plutocrats are Transforming the Marketplace of Ideas.
In this interview, Mike and Dr. Drezner discuss public intellectuals, thought leaders, TED Talks, self-promoting academics, why economists are more popular than political scientists, ‘Trump vs. The Blob’, North Korea, and lots more!
Dr. Drezner’s Recommended Reading
– Realpolitik: A History. Jon Bew
– The Death of Expertise. Tom Nichols
– The Age of Anger. Pankaj Mishra
– From the Ruins of Empire. Pankaj Mishra
– The Perils of Privilege. Phoebe Maltz Bovy