Mike talks with sociologist, author, and documentary filmmaker Jen Schradie. Dr. Schradie is an Assistant Professor at the Observatoire sociologique du changement at Sciences Po in Paris. Her research focuses on the empirical study of digital democracy, digital activism, and the digital divide. Her latest book is The Revolution That Wasn’t: How Digital Activism Favors Conservatism.
Topics Mike & Dr. Schradie discuss include:
- technological optimism, especially on the left
- the activism gap between conservatives and liberals
- the structural factors that help conservative activists
- differences in conservative and liberal messaging
- the importance of money, motivation, and message
- narrowing the activism gap