Mike talks with Michelle Wilde Anderson, professor of property, local government, and environmental justice at Stanford Law School, about her recently released book, The Fight to Save the Town: Reimagining Discarded America.
Topics Mike & Michelle Cover Include:
- the problem of citywide poverty
- poor cities and gateway cities
- ineffective “solutions” to citywide poverty
- how pathologizing poor cities as failed and corrupt makes things worse
- the importance of rebuilding trust in tackling citywide poverty
- poverty & hope in Stockton California; Josephine County, Oregon; Lawrence, Massachusetts; and Detroit Michigan
Interested in starting your own podcast? Check out RedCircle, home of The Politics Guys.
Powered by RedCircle