Mike talks with Luis Perez-Breva, a successful serial innovator and director of the Innovation Teams Program at MIT. Dr. Perez-Breva holds degrees in Chemical Engineering, Physics, Business, and Artificial Intelligence. He’s an expert in the process of technology innovation, an entrepreneur, and the the author of Innovating: A Doer’s Manifesto for Starting from a Hunch, Prototyping Problems, Scaling Up, and Learning to Be Productively Wrong. (MIT Press 2017).
Mike and Dr. Perez-Breva discuss:
– whether or not innovation is lagging
– if we should be concerned about AI taking millions of jobs
– whether 21st century companies are failing at job creation
– how innovation works
– what government can do to help innovation
– what government does that hinders innovation
– if government itself needs to be innovated
Follow Luis Perez-Breva on Twitter
Listener support helps make The Politics Guys possible. If you’re interested in supporting the show, go to politicsguys.com and click on the Patreon link.