There was a very short period in Mike’s life where he thought he could handle his teaching job, write a book, host The Politics Guys, and start a new podcast – Politics Plus. It soon became evident to Mike how insane trying to do all this at once was, and so he quickly shut down Politics Plus. But before he did, he’d posted four interviews – all of which he thinks are pretty good and are worth sharing with you as Politics Guys bonus episodes.
In this interview, Mike talks with journalist, author, and policy analyst David Frum. Mr. Frum is currently a senior editor at the Atlantic. From 2014 through 2017, he chaired the board of trustees of the leading UK center-right think tank, Policy Exchange. He’s served as a speechwriter and special assistant to President George W. Bush and as senior adviser to the Rudy Giuliani presidential campaigns. He’s also the author of nine books, most recently Trumpocracy: The Corruption of the American Republic.
In the conversation, Mike and Mr. Frum cover, among other things:
- how Bill Clinton monetized the post-presidency
- America as a toddler in heavy traffic
- Donald Trump and punching babies
- the ‘neither ethical or smart’ Trump administration
- Congressional leaders enabling Trumpocracy
- whether the American political system can handle the Trump presidency
Follow David Frum on Twitter