In this listener comment episode, Mike and Trey address these questions:
- Why has the executive branch become so much more powerful than the legislative and judicial branches, and what can we do about it?
- What motivates President Trump’s political allies beyond short term outcomes?
- If the Democrats take control of Congress are we still stuck in a stalemate or do we see President Trump force the GOP to compromise to get his agenda passed? What common ground could the Democrats find with Trump? Are they so oppositional that compromise is politically detrimental?
- How big of a problem is the national debt?
- What practical things can liberals and conservatives do to effect change?
What Mike’s Reading
Marijuana addiction is real, and rising (Denver Post)
What Trey’s Reading
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Mark Twain
Listener support helps make The Politics Guys possible. If you’re interested in supporting the show, go to politicsguys.com/support.