Will talks with political scientist Brian Smentkowski, an Associate Professor at the University of Idaho. He’s the co-author of Misreading the Bill of Rights: Top Ten Myths Concerning Your Rights and Liberties with Craig Freeman and Kirby Goidel.
Topics Will & Brian discuss include:
- The top myths Americans hold regarding the Bill of Rights
- Whether a Bill of Rights is necessary for democracy
- Our changing understanding of religion in the United States
- America’s paradoxical view of security
- How a free press and an informed citizenry impacts democracy
- The differences between punishment and torture