Mike talks with David Litt who, from 2011 to 2016, was a speechwriter for President Obama. Mr. Litt is also the New York Times bestselling author of the book Thanks Obama: My Hopey, Changey White House Years. His latest book is Democracy in One Book or Less: How It Works, Why It Doesn’t, and Why Fixing It Is Easier Than You Think, which they discuss on this episode.
Topics Mike & David cover include:
- If Mitch McConnell’s “blatantly transactional” politics make him a good Majority Leader
- The legally disenfranchised -former felons and non-citizen immigrants
- The “unofficially disenfranchised”
- Discouraged voters
- The (not so) Great Compromise
- Electoral College reform
- Why Democrats are so much more intent on changing the rules than Republicans
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.
Join the conversation on The Politics Guys Facebook page.
Powered by RedCircle