(There was a very short period in Mike’s life where he thought he could handle his teaching job, write a book, host The Politics Guys, and start a new podcast – Politics Plus. It soon became evident to Mike how insane trying to do all this at once was, and so he quickly shut down Politics Plus. But before he did, he’d posted four interviews – all of which he thinks are pretty good and are worth sharing with you as Politics Guys bonus episodes.)
Mike talks to Mona Charen, one of the most prominent conservative voices in the United States. She writes a syndicated column that appears in more than 200 newspapers, she’s a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, and is the author of the books Useful Idiots, Do-Gooders,and the recently released Sex Matters: How Modern Feminism Lost Touch with Science, Love, and Common Sense.
Topics they cover include:
- differences between pioneering feminists and the ‘second-wave’ feminist movement of the 1960s and 1970s
- feminism and the Marxist concept of ‘false consciousness’
- what science tells us about biological differences between the sexes
- whether women can ‘have it all’
- how sexual empowerment was a wrong turn for the feminist movement
- the rise of ‘no-fault’ divorces and the damage they’ve done
- whether ‘my body, my choice’ and ‘safe, legal, and rare’ is a reasonable approach to abortion
- the ‘Campus Rape Industrial Complex’
- the transgender movement
Listener support helps make The Politics Guys possible. If you’re interested in supporting the show, go to politicsguys.com/support.