Mike talks with Binyamin Appelbaum, who writes about economics and business for the editorial page of the New York Times. From 2010 – 2019 he was a Washington correspondent for the Times, covering economic policy in the aftermath of the 2008 crisis. They discuss his recently released book: The Economists’ Hour.
After the interview, Jay joins Mike to provide a conservative perspective.
Topics Mike & Binyamin discuss include:
- why markets are wonderful
- Keynesianism, monetarism, and supply side economics
- the massive influence of Milton Friedman
- fine-tuning the economic machine
- balancing unemployment and inflation
- the shifting value of a human life
- why we shouldn’t reinstate 20th century financial regulations
- President Trump’s ‘turtle shell nationalism’
- defending Alan Greenspan
- and lots more!
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.