Northern Kentucky University political scientist Kimberly Weir talks with Jennifer Sciubba, political scientist at Rhodes College and author of the recently released 8 Billion and Counting: How Sex, Death, & Migration Shape our World.
Topics Kimberly & Jennifer discuss include:
- Why people don’t think about demography when considering politics
- Global fertility, mortality, and migration patterns
- Why demographics isn’t destiny
- How power transition theory explains Russia’s recent invasion of Ukraine
- China’s aging and shrinking population challenges
- Why we don’t see ‘Gray Pride’ T-shirts, but should
- Why HALE matters more than life expectancy
- Demographic engineering as a political strategy
- Why the future is much more optimistic than the sensationalist ‘doom and gloom’ reports
Interested in starting your own podcast? Check out RedCircle, home of The Politics Guys.
Powered by RedCircle