Mike talks to Mark Godsey, a former federal prosecutor who’s currently a professor of law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. Professor Godsey is the co-founder and director of the Ohio Innocence Project, which is one of the most active and successful Innocence Projects in the country. He’s also the author of Blind Injustice: A Former Prosecutor Exposes the Psychology and Politics of Wrongful Convictions.
Topics Mike & Mark discuss include:
- the scope of the wrongful convictions problem
- the prosecutorial mindset and wrongful convictions
- main reasons for wrongful convictions
- how Innocence Projects work to free the wrongfully convicted
- making it easier to free the wrongfully convicted
- how to decrease wrongful convictions