Trey talks with Nick Tomboulides, an Executive Director of U.S. Term Limits. Under his leadership, USTL launched the Term Limits Convention, a campaign to obtain a congressional term limits amendment via the state-directed convention. Nick also serves as a policy advisor with a national think tank and is on the board of directors for a local political caucus in Florida.
Topics Trey and Mr. Tomboulisdes discuss include:
- Why should Americans want term limits?
- Why should citizens want a national convention as opposed to more traditional Constitutional amendment processes?
- Should we be worried about a runaway convention?
- Why not bypass state legislatures?
- State term limits and their shortcomings