In this listener comment episode, Mike and Jay address the following listener questions:
- Should police be given the level of qualified immunity from prosecution they currently receive? Will a recent federal court ruling change anything?
- We need to keep an eye on regulators, but doesn’t Jay think we also need to watch companies? How do we keep companies honest, and working in the best interest of consumers and the public?
- How can the media balance respect for the office of the presidency with fair coverage of presidential untruths?
- How do our perceptions of migrants shape our attitudes toward immigration policy?
What Mike’s Binge Watching (and reading) While his Wife is Away on a Month-Long International Trip
What Jay’s Reading
- Trump’s Critics Desecrate the Holocaust. Jay Winik (Wall Street Journal – Paywall)
- No, You’re Not Perfect ‘Just the Way You Are’. David French (National Review)
Listener support helps make The Politics Guys possible. If you’re interested in supporting the show, go to politicsguys.com/support.