Mike talks with Richard Robb, a professor of professional practice in international and public affairs at Columbia University and CEO of the investment firm Christofferson, Robb & Company, which he co-founded in 2001. They discuss his recent book Willful: How We Choose What We Do.
After the interview, Kristin joins Mike for a conservative perspective.
Topics Richard and Mike cover include:
- the rational choice paradigm
- behavioral economics
- purposeful, ‘for itself’ action
- how and why we pick beliefs that appeal to us
- the four-step process of belief formulation
- Pareto efficiency and public policy
- if policymakers have enough skin in the game
- choosing over time
- the critical need for authentic challenges with real stakes and uncertain outcomes
Today’s show is sponsored by SaneBox – email management for any inbox. For a free two-week trial and $25 credit, go to sanebox.com/politicsguys.
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.