Mike talks with economist Branko Milanovic. Dr. Milanovic is Visiting Presidential Professor at the Stone Center of Socio-Economic Inequality at the Graduate Center, City University of New York. He was formerly Lead Economist in the World Bank’s research department. He’s also the author of a number of books, including Capitalism, Alone: The Future of the System That Rules the World, which they discuss on this episode.
Topics covered include:
– the benefits of capitalism
– the different forms of capitalism
– the liberal meritocratic capitalism of the United States
– rising economy inequality since the 1980s
– sustainable growth under current models of capitalism
– capitalism and corruption in China
– the future of capitalism
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.