Mike talks with Bryan Caplan, a Professor of Economics at George Mason University and a blogger for EconLog. Professor Caplan is the author of multiple books, including two he and I have previously discussed on the show – The Myth of the Rational Voter, and The Case Against Education. On this episode, they discussing Bryan’s latest book, Open Borders: The Science and Ethics of Immigration.
Topics Mike & Bryan discuss include:
- ‘a world of global apartheid’
- immigration and economic inequality
- the moral presumption in favor of immigration
- why Nobel Laureate Milton Freedom was wrong about immigration
- how open borders could easily double world GDP
- the cultural effects of open borders
- immigration, crime, and terrorism
- the partisan political calculus of immigration policy
- open borders and global brain drain
- a Burkean approach to immigration
- and lots more!
Today’s show is sponsored by SaneBox – email management for any inbox. For a free two-week trial and $25 credit, go to sanebox.com/politicsguys.
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.