Mike talks with E. Glen Weyl, a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York City, about his recent book with Eric Posner, Radical Markets: Uprooting Capitalism and Democracy for a Just Society.
Mike and Glen discuss:
- why private property is a form of inefficient monopoly and how to fix it
- the problem with ‘one person, one vote’ and a proposed alternative
- a radical alternative to our current immigration system
- how big institutional investors discourage innovation and growth
- the massive amount of unpaid labor we willingly provide to Facebook, Google, Amazon, and other Big Tech companies
Listener support helps make The Politics Guys possible. If you’re interested in supporting the show, go to politicsguys.com/support.