Mike talks with economist Jeffrey Sachs, University Professor and director of the Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University. Dr. Sachs is also director of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network and has been advisor to three UN secretaries-general. In addition to being one of the world’s leading experts on poverty and economic development, he is the author of many influential, best-selling books, including The Age of Sustainable Development, The Price of Civilization, Building the New American Economy, and, most recently, The Ages of Globalization, which they discuss on the show.
Topics discussed include:
– globalization over the course of human history
– the long historical dominance of China
– why China declined as a world power
– keys to sustainable development in the 21st century
– whether a non-democratic China is a threat
– prospects for development in Sub-Saharan Africa
Be part of the discussion on the Politics Guys ‘BipartisanPolitics’ community on Reddit.
Powered by RedCircle