Trey talks with Lainey Newman, co-author of Rust Belt Union Blues: Why Working-Class Voters Are Turning Away from the Democratic Party about how the changing nature of social networks has shifted Union voters from Democrats to Trump voters.
Topics Trey and Lainey Discuss Include:
– how Lainey and Theda Skocpol came to work on the book
– how social networks including unions defined the “union man”
– why union workers shifted voting patterns as a result of social network changes
– the reason for the decline of unions
– what the future of unions are in the United States