Mike talks with Harvard historian of science Naomi Oreskes, and Cal Tech historian of science Erik Conway. They’ve -coauthored a number of books including Merchants of Doubt, and The Collapse of Western Civilization. Their latest book is The Big Myth: How American Business Taught Us to Loathe Government and Love the Free Market, which is the focus of this discussion.
Topics Mike, Naomi, and Erik discuss include:
– the Big Myth and the Tripod of Freedom
– why power companies once argued against electric power
– government regulation and fears of communism
– Friedrich Hayek and the influence of The Road to Serfdom
– fear of government vs fear of markets
– the Big Myth and our response to COVID-19
– the Big Myth and climate change
– combatting the Big Myth (for those who believe it’s a myth)
Interested in starting your own podcast? Check out RedCircle, home of The Politics Guys.
Powered by RedCircle